With just one pick in the draft tonight, the Sixers might only appear within the first ten minutes, and then be done for the night. But, the Sixers have been linked with other teams around the league as possible trade suitors to acquire later picks. So who could the Sixers target if they decide to execute a deal to land another pick?
Possible first-round targets:
- Daniel Orton: Standing at 6’10”, he would give Philly a defensive force, as well as an athletic big for years to come. But what would it cost Philly? The Sixers would have to trade within the top 18 picks to get him, and the most likely team who would trade their pick within there would be the Milwaukee Bucks at 15. The Bucks have been rumored to be one of the few teams who have shown interest in Andre Iguodala, and if they want his services, they would need to give up their first round pick.
- Cole Aldrich: A big-time defensive presence, Aldrich (6’10”) appears to have his stock slipping, and considering the loss of Samuel Dalembert to Sacramento, the Sixers are in need of a big time rebounder and shot blocker. Projected anywhere from 13 to even 23, the Sixers could trade into the low 20’s if they see Aldrich slip anywhere out of the top 20.
Possible second-round targets:
- Brian Zoubek: Another big body option, Zoubek (7’1″) would give Philly an intimidator down low, along with a solid rebounder and defender, but his slowness and clumsiness may cause Philadelphia to look elsewhere. However, he will most likely be a late second-round pick, and Philly could possibly purchase a late pick in that round without having to give up anyone of their roster.
- Jarvis Varnado: This is one of my favorite players in the draft, simply because of his incredible shot blocking ability. If the Sixers are really interested in finding an intimidator on defense, then they should be locked on acquiring Varnado. He’s only 6’9″, but he will jump through the roof, and you can see this here.
- Jon Scheyer: One of the best pure shooters in the draft, Scheyer would give Philly a solid scoring threat off the bench. However, I don’t know if he will ever be more then a sixth man in the NBA, which is one reason his stock is somewhat decreasing.