We all know that the NBA Draft is tonight, and with that said, the rumor mill is always churning. With a lot of talent available in the draft, could the Sixers decide that they are better off trading their second overall pick for a later pick and a veteran player? Or what if the Sixers decide that Evan Turner isn’t enough at #2, and they want another pick in the late first, or even second round?
Well folks, this is the place for all your draft updates (not limited to the Sixers), and I will be here all day providing any news, rumors, trades, and all the other nonsense that comes on draft day.
Continue after the jump for all the updates!
- We have a trade rumor of a possible Kirk Hinrich deal that would send him to Indiana along with their 17th pick for Chicago’s 10th pick.
- Reports are out that the Los Angeles Lakers may look to move Lamar Odom for salary purposes. Not sure if the Sixers would look at him, and I wouldn’t want him anayways, but I’m sure there’s a few other teams out there that could use his services.
- The Bulls have talked with the Los Angeles Clippers about a deal that would send the 17th pick and Luol Deng to LA for the 8th pick.
- Ah, the Chris Paul sweepstakes. A new possible team is emerging, the Portland Trail Blazers. Without any true point guard (considering that Andre Miller could be done), the Blazers might go all in for Paul.
- The Denver Nuggets are expected to make a move up the board for a big man (Favors, Cousins), and a possible trade with the Nets (or Sixers) could occur.
- In a deal that occured last night, the Thunder acquired Daequan Cook ( a former 1st round pick for Philly) and the Heat’s first round pick for the Thunder’s second round pick?! Wow, what a deal for the Thunder, upgrading from a second round pick to the 18th overall pick.
Topics: Derrick Favors