Our playoff series against the Heat is getting wide media attention. I wonder why? Anyway, with the series beginning tomorrow, and many national writers covering the team, I figured I would share some recommended reading:
- This Brian Windhorst story for the Heat Index on ESPN.com, for the most part, doesn’t teach us anything new. Well, except for one snippet about Andre Iguodala’s defense.
- SELF-PROMOTION ALERT: I asked for some help from Chris Malagon from AllUCanHeat.com for a preview for this blog space. Then he asked me some questions about the series, and I obliged with answers.
- I see some people write about the series and wonder if they have even watched the Sixers at all this year. For example, not to be mean or hateful, but Thaddeus Young hasn’t played the 3 in the past two months. Yes, he can guard smaller guys. No, he can’t defend LeBron. Or at least not well. And he hasn’t been put on LeBron all year.
- John Schuhmann does a great job breaking down all the playoff match ups, including the Sixers-Heat, though casual fans might have trouble without referencing this site.
- More from the Heat Index, this time from Arnovitz and Haberstroh: a Game 1 preview, where they focus just on much on what the Sixers can do the Heat as what the Heat can do to the Sixers.
- Deep Sixer’s first round preview, also not optimistic. But fact-filled and a good read nonetheless.