With the season coming to an end and the playoff picture being finalized, the teams that are missing out on post-season basketball will look ahead to the NBA Draft. The lottery still has to take place to determine the draft order, but it’s never too early to speculate.
Here’s some possible lottery selections with team needs not taken into consideration and draft order not determined.
1. Nerlens Noel, Kentucky
- 6 ft. 11 in., 216 lbs.
- 24 college games
- Elite shot blocker
- Good finisher
- Explosive leaper
- Mobile, runs the floor well
- Active on the offensive glass
- Recovering from torn ACL
2. Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State
- Point Guard
- 6 ft. 4 in., 200 lbs.
- NBA frame
- Good rebounder for position
- Excellent perimeter defender with quick hands and great anticipation
- Can shoot off the dribble and catch
- Willing passer
- Good decision maker in pick & roll situations
3. Ben McLemore, Kansas
- Shooting Guard
- 6 ft. 4 in., 195 lbs.
- Great athlete
- Flawless shooting mechanics
- Potential defensively due to length
- Willing, capable passer with good instincts
- Struggles to create his own shot at times
4. Victor Oladipo, Indiana
- Shooting Guard
- 6 ft. 5 in., 210 lbs.
- Extremely high motor
- Strong, long, explosive athlete
- Great in transition
- Finishes with both hands well
- Ability to guard multiple positions
- Attacks the offensive glass
5. Otto Porter, Georgetown
- Small Forward
- 6 ft. 9 in., 200 lbs.
- Extremely high basketball IQ
- 7’1″ wingspan helps him to finish at rim and defensively
- Plays passing lanes really well
- Great motor
- Good decision-maker
- Good passer
- Excellent at moving without the ball
Tags: 2013 NBA Draft Alex Len Anthony Bennett Archie Goodwin Ben McLemore C.J. McCollum Cody Zeller Gorgui Dieng Isaiah Austin Kelly Olynyk Marcus Smart Mason Plumlee Michael Carter-Williams Nerlens Noel Otto Porter Rudy Gobert Shabazz Muhammad Steven Adams Trey Burke Victor Oladipo