As the season comes to an end, some teams are more focused than ever on the present while some are shifting their focus to the future. Playoff teams are now poised to make a deep run, and lottery teams are poised to make additions to their teams that will put get them a post-season birth next year.
While nothing is set in stone, these are the lottery teams as of today and their chances at winning the first overall pick :
- Charlotte Bobcats – 22.5%
- Orlando Magic – 22.4%
- Cleveland Cavaliers – 15.6%
- Phoenix Suns – 11.9%
- New Orleans Hornets – 8.8%
- Sacramento Kings – 6.3%
- Detroit Pistons – 3.6%
- Washington Wizards – 3.5%
- Minnesota Timberwolves – 1.7%
- Oklahoma City Thunder – 1.1%
- Philadelphia 76ers – 0.8%
- Portland Trailblazers – 0.7%
- Dallas Mavericks – 0.6%
- Utah Jazz – 0.5%
While that is each team’s chances at landing their choice at any player entering this year’s NBA Draft, much is to be determined.
The Utah Jazz are still battling the Los Angeles Lakers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference heading into the last game of the season.
Underclassmen have until April 28th to declare for the draft so while many have already declared, there are bound to be the few that decide to stay in school.
The NBA Draft Lottery will take place on May 21st. Charlotte or Orlando is likely to land the top pick, but stranger things have happened before. Other teams are likely to rise in the lottery, and others will drop.
With all that said, here is a look at the most likely lottery scenario and who each team may draft.
- Charlotte Bobcats – Nerlens Noel, Kentucky
- Orlando Magic – Marcus Smart, Oklahoma State
- Cleveland Cavaliers – Otto Porter Jr., Georgetown
- Phoenix Suns – Ben McLemore, Kansas
- New Orleans Hornets – Victor Oladipo, Indiana
- Sacramento Kings – Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA
- Detroit Pistons – Trey Burke, Michigan
- Washington Wizards – Anthony Bennett, UNLV
- Minnesota Timberwolves – Gary Harris, Michigan State
- Oklahoma City Thunder – Alex Len, Maryland
- Philadelphia 76ers – Cody Zeller, Indiana
- Portland Trailblazers – Mitch McGary, Michigan
- Dallas Mavericks – Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse
- Utah Jazz – C.J. McCollum, Lehigh
Tags: 2013 NBA Draft 2013 NBA Draft Lottery 2013 NBA Mock Draft Alex Len Anthony Bennett Ben McLemore C.J. McCollum Charlotte Bobcats Cleveland Cavaliers Cody Zeller Dallas Mavericks Detroit Pistons Gary Harris Marcus Smart Michael Carter-Williams Minnesota Timberwolves Mitch McGary Nerlens Noel New Orleans Hornets Orlando Magic Otto Porter Otto Porter Jr. Philadelphia 76ers Phoenix Suns Portland Trailblazers Sacramento Kings Shabazz Muhammad Trey Burke Utah Jazz Victor Oladipo Washington Wizards