The Philadelphia 76ers tipped off against the Boston Celtics last night in their 3rd preseason game. This game was played inside the Bob Carpenter Center, in Delaware, home of the Delaware 87ers. The Sixers walked out with a great and impressive 97-85 victory, in which many positive signs were showcased.
In the 1st quarter, the Sixers began to dominate on the boards, something we rarely saw last season. But on the other hand, once Royce White entered the game, foul trouble became his ultimate issue. In fact, White committed 4 fouls in less than 2 minutes. At the end of the 1st quarter, the Celtics led 21-20. In the 2nd quarter was when the Sixers came back, as the 76ers began to shoot more efficiently, leading 54-38 at the half. Michael Carter-Williams and Vander Blue even had a sick ally-oop. At the end of the 3rd quarter, the Sixers took over as the score was 72-57 Philadelphia. The Sixers went on to win 97-85.
- Thaddeus Young (30 minutes, 9/15 FG, 20 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals)
- Spencer Hawes (27 minutes, 5/9 FG, 17 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks)
- Michael Carter-Williams (30 minutes, 3/6 FG, 6 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists)
- Evan Turner (30 minutes, 5/11 FG, 12 points, 9 rebounds)
- James Anderson (24 minutes, 6/10 FG, 16 points, 6 rebounds)
- Vander Blue (14 minutes, 3/4 FG, 8 points, 2 steals)
- Many top performers
- Michael Carter-Williams finished with no turnovers and was a great leader at the point guard position
- 30 fast break points
- 23 assists
- 54 rebounds
- 25 points off turnovers
- 56 points in the paint
- Shot 49.4 % from the field
- Played fast-paced, got out on the fast break, and utilized their youth and athleticism
If the Sixers play like this in the regular season, it’s going to be a fun and exciting season to watch.