Can anyone believe that the NBA Draft Lottery is TOMORROW? I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve right now. I’m not sure what to do with my hands. Well, I’m writing but you get what I mean. Some people may just want to watch the lottery and not know the Sixers chances of landing in spots one through five in the lottery. For you crazy, possessed, obsessed, basketball fans on this site, we have those odds for you, courtesy of CBS Philly:
• The Sixers have a 31.9% chance of acquiring the 4th overall pick.
• The Sixers have 19.9% chance of acquiring the 1st overall pick.
• The Sixers have a 18.8% chance of acquiring the 2nd overall pick.
• The Sixers have a 17.1% chance of acquiring the 3rd overall pick.
• The Sixers have a 12.4% chance of acquiring the 5th overall pick.
• The Sixers cannot fall out of the top-five and have a 55.8% chance at acquiring a top-three pick.
Pick acquired from the New Orleans Pelicans in the Jrue Holiday trade (if the Pelicans acquire a top-five pick, the Sixers lose the pick)
• 87% chance the Pelicans acquire the 10th overall pick.
• About a 9% chance the Pelicans acquire the 11th-14th overall pick.
• 4% chance the Pelicans acquire a top-three pick and keep their pick.
Five most likely combination odds for the Sixers potential two first-round picks:
• 4th pick and 10th pick – 27.75%.
• 1st pick and 10th pick – 17.31%.
• 2nd pick and 10th pick – 16.53%.
• 3rd pick and 10th pick – 14.88%.
• 5th pick and 10th pick – 10.70%.
It’s a little scary that the Sixers have the highest probably to end up with the 4th pick at 31.9 percent. However, it’s encouraging that there’s only a 12.4 percent chance of landing the fifth overall pick, aka death row.
Plus, the second highest combination odds for the Sixers two first-round picks is the 1st pick and 10th pick at 17.31 percent. At the end of the day, all of these numbers don’t mean much, but it sure is interesting to see the odds play out. Who knows how big of a roll the 19.9 percent chance to get the No. 1 overall pick will play. The balls will be drawn and may the odds ever be in the 76ers favor.