The Philadelphia 76ers have five picks in the 2020 roundtable pre-lottery mock draft.
During this hiatus, some of The Sixer Sense staff thought it would be a good and fun idea to do a roundtable mock draft. The Philadelphia 76ers came out pretty well in this mock draft considering that they had five picks.
Before getting into the draft, it’s good to establish the rules and guidelines that were apart of this draft. This was not a timed draft, so it took over a day to complete. We also established the order fo the draft based on current rankings.
We started with the first pick and worked our way down to the 60th pick. There were no trades in this draft either. It kept things simple that way and kept the draft moving at a steady enough pace.
Staff members were assigned to certain teams. This made more sense rather than doing a snake because, in a snake style draft, different people would be selecting for the same team. Assigning staff members to teams keeps continuity in a particular team’s draft strategy. Each staff member made close to the same number of draft selection and that was all in the name of fairness.
Below is a key for each staff member and which teams they drafted for.
- Co-Site Expert Lucas Johnson: Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves, Chicago Bulls, Washington Wizards, and Denver Nuggets.
- Co-Site Expert Christopher Kline: Philadelphia 76ers, Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Lakers, Houston Rockets, and Milwaukee Bucks.
- Contributor Adam Gilbert: Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings, Portland Trail Blazers, Toronto Raptors, and Brooklyn Nets.
- Contributor Jonathan Geib: Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, San Antonio Spurs, Oklahoma City Thunder, Detriot Pistons, and Dallas Mavericks.
- Contributor Matt Plesco: New Orleans Pelicans, Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando Magic, Charlotte Hornets, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies, and Utah Jazz
Without any further delay, Let’s start with the first pick!